Please send me an e-mail at aikychien(at)yahoo(dot)com if you want a particular music score featured in this blog. Requests in the comments will not be entertained. Thank you!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Featured Musician - Eric Frontière

Posted by Aik at 6:55 AM
I received an e-mail by a French musician --- Eric Frontière not long ago. He told me that he had composed some Yiruma-inspired music and asked if I'd like to hear. I listened to one of his pieces, Twinkling Stars and I was instantly touched by his beautiful music!

Twinkling Stars


Eric Frontière says:
" I'm a French pianist who started to share new piano compositions online a few month ago, after I accidentally heard two pieces of Yiruma : "May be" and "River flows in you". Of course I have a musical past, but I don't want to talk about here. I wanted to try to do something in the simple and nice mood Yiruma has.

A few days later, I created a YouTube account, wrote "Twinkling Stars" in one hour, recorded it and put it on an online video. Then, after receiving many nice comments from Yiruma's fans, I started producing several other piano pieces in the next days and weeks. In the last ones, I experienced programming other instruments, along with my piano, as the full orchestra you can hear in the central part of "Evocation of an Epic Day".

Evocation of an Epic Day


My aim is to touch people who see music with fresh ears and eyes, not on an intellectual side. I try to combine a simple, direct music, which speaks to the soul, with a smooth and rich piano arrangement. As my evocative titles can suggest, these music could easily be imagined to support a film scene or a video game. The central part of "Evocation of an Epic Day" is really a tentative to do a RPG-like music. My main video game music influence are Nobuo Uematsu, Koji Kondo, with a taste of Joe Hisaishi for anime music (check my "Awakening of Love"), and John Williams for orchestral film music. I recently put paying links to my sheet music and mp3, in the YouTube video info, for a cheap price that just makes me happy to continue doing what I already like to do!

All my pieces can be listened on my YouTube profile : SoulOFtheMAGICpiano and the sheets and mp3 can be found here: http://bit.ly/zhmcS1 "

-- Eric Frontière, musicien


My comments:

" Eric's compositions are beautiful, melodious and touching. Each piece has its own special charm that influences the heart of the listeners. Eric, you sure have the talent. Keep up your good work! "



3 comments:

Hanako66 on June 14, 2009 at 12:34 AM said...

how beautiful!

Felicia on November 18, 2009 at 7:58 PM said...

Dear Aik,

After I've visited your page I started to like Eric's music. Thanks for your generous recommendation. =)

Kerlyy on May 8, 2010 at 1:47 AM said...

Can i have the piano scores? When i click at the link you posted there, it says bad gateway....

If you don't mind, can you send it to kerlyyng@yahoo.com

 

Partitions pour le piano Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez